EBENEZER!!! - Down Memory Lane



2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” (Mark 2:2-5)

The only person who can be a hindrance to your progress and success in life is 'YOURSELF'. When often people cast aspersions on others for their fate in life, I only listen with a pint of salt because I have come to realize in life that if only we can be proactive for a while, "...nothing shall by any means stop us".  The four friends of the paralysed man in my opening story had a large crowd and a closed door to contend with, but they found an alternative; to break-open the roof.  I always tell myself that if a door shuts itself at me, I will find my way through a window or any possible opening.

I recently created an album on my facebook page under the name, 'EBENEZER'. Even though a lot of people are familiar with the meaning of this name, it means more than a name to me, myself and I.. Ready to know why "EBENEZER"? well get your reading lenses and come along with me.

A little down memory lane, just about sixteen (16) years ago after secondary school, I decided to pursue a programme in PUBLIC RELATIONS at the Ghana Institute of Journalism because that had been my dream whiles in school. Lol! upon showing the GIJ application form to a VERY CLOSE relative who was to sponsor my education, guess what he told me? "A lot of people have gone through this programme without any meaningful job, PR professionals are not even recognized on the job market now......left to me, forget about this and think of something better..." 

Quietly in my mind I cancelled all these proclamation turning each and every word contained therein aroundWhen I came out of this VERY CLOSE relative's office, I told myself "I will do all things through Christ which strengthens me".  Like the four friends who let down their paralyzed friend through the roof to be healed by Jesus, I decided to find a window or hole through which I could still go through to achieve my dream profession.
...and the story continues that today, I have successfully completed my degree programme in Communication Studies (Strategic Communication/Public Relations option) with a First Class Honours; in a gainful employment with a reputable organization and will continue to live happily ever after. But hey!! the journey has just started cos the Docia you know doesn't understand 'its impossible'.

For your eyes only, lol!!

 
Graduands with school founder, Kojo Yankah and Deputy Minister
forEducation (Tertiary), Hon. Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa

With my boss, Mrs. Esther Apawu-Odai, Assistant Commissioner,
Monitoring & Control, Ghana Revenue Authority


Sisters for life, Pat, Mariam, Milli and moi

The man who begot me, Mr. Albert Dougan

Lol! my hubby (kudos for the encouragement)

My elder and younger sisters, Christie and Jane


My beau family who took care my kids as I went in pursuit
of my degree. Someone is missing from this picture




 (lol! its my mum, she didn't wait to celebrate with me. RIP)

Twin sis.



Moment of joy

Big bros. Dube ee!!

Another big bros.

Time to pop champagne with the sisters

On a sponsored after-graduation treat at the
La Palm Royal Beach


Please visit my facebook page for detailed album.

Love ya!!













 

Comments

  1. congrats dear! more blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you dear. Its been ages since we met on this platform

    ReplyDelete
  3. waoooo you can really write. i love the way you play with words and keep your readers reading... you really got my attention... first class introduction and conclusion was fantastic. Congrats Sis.

    C'est moi
    Mathias B-E Boateng

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Mathias! missed you so so much. Hope you are doing great. Am looking forward to seeing you here more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings and congrats in making it through.
    Yes can be the hindrance to our progress though easier said than done it is possible to get out of ones own way.

    peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/p/guestbook.html
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4442621/rhapsody-phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I'm not too late with mine.
    Congratulations!
    You worked hard for it. You deserve it. Enjoy!
    Thumbs up for not giving up on you, and believing in yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Revenue Authority hold Memorial Service for Late President Atta Mills (Former Commissioner)

Queen of Tatoos